I have only had one long term relationship, one brief relationship and the rest were just like an online flirting situation. This is a little post inspired by Ariana Grande’s new song “Thank you, next“about what each of these guys taught me.
- S taught me how it’s wrong to lead people on
- D was a scam artist and taught me that brainwashing is possible
- De taught me how not to treat women
- K taught me first love and heartbreak
- Kl taught me that there can be real dickheads in the world
- E taught me that some guys are just a jerk in disguise
- P taught me that if some guys don’t want to go to the bother of meeting someone in person and just wanna talk online, they aren’t interested
Each of these guys taught me a lesson. They certainly weren’t right for me. While K wasin’t really a jerk (relationship just didn’t work out) majority of them were insecure in themselves, had an attitude problem or just frankly couldn’t care less about anybody. I always tend to attract jerks. They know just how to charm their way straight to your heart and then ultimately break it.
The world that we live in simply has more jerks than nice guys. Why? I really don’t know. The nice guys are always hard to find. If you do happen to have a guy that adores you, sticks by your side no matter what, is loyal and respects you, keep him. Guys like that are rare in this day in age.
The lessons I have learned from the guys listed above have made me a much wiser person. I am single for now and using this time for me and to improve on myself. While I wait to one day find the one, all I can say to all the above guys is Thank you, next.
I’ve got so much love (Love)
Got so much patience (Patience)
I’ve learned from the pain (Pain)
I turned out amazing (Turned out amazing)
I’ve loved and I’ve lost (Yeah, yeah)
But that’s not what I see (Yeah, yeah)
‘Cause look what I’ve found (Yeah, yeah)
Ain’t no need for searching